Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Small Life

I'm the eldest in my family
So my parents put more pressure on me to be a good example to my siblings
My parents are not too strict (strict at certain times) and they don't give me too much freedom either
They will usually give me what i want as long as it isn't over the limit

My parents are apposites and quite strict about studies
Like we are not concentrating on our studies
Mama will advise me not to study hard when it's near the exam
Baba will tell me to study hard and he also won't allow me to talk to boys over the phone for too long

They can be quite and flexible
But when they say something, we just listen and don't talk back
Because what they say is always very logical

They want us to love them and appreciate all they have done for us
They want to be proud of us
They want to feel that they are doing a good job being our parents
They want to discuss issues with us in a calm, reasonable way and not by shouting

I was vey close to my late baba but he passed away 3 years ago
I was kind of in denial about the whole thing
When things get tough, I pray to Allah
Prayer helps keep us balanced and focused